- Study at Sciences Po
- Why Sciences Po?
- Exchange Programmes
- Degree-seeking programmes
- Special Programmes
- Dual degrees
- Tuition fees & scholarships
- Guide for international students
- Orientation programmes
- Study abroad
- Sciences Po and the globe
- Teaching and Research
3rd year studying abroad
The International Affairs Division (DAIE) will help you prepare your third year abroad and will be happy to assist you and answer your questions during your stay.
Third year abroad presentation (in French)
1. Please consult the calendar to acquaint yourself with the different steps of the application process and the corresponding deadlines
2. You will first have to define your project (internship, study abroad, personal project)
3. You will then be required to complete an online application through your Sciences Po interface.
Students intending to study abroad with Sciences Po should look carefully at the study abroad assignment procedure.
4. You will have to go through a number of mandatory administrative formalities
5. You will regularly keep in touch with Sciences Po and the DAIE upon your arrival and during your study abroad period.
6. There are several academic requirements that need to be fulfilled in order for your year to be validated by Sciences Po
Please consult the calendar on a regular basis in order to become familiar with the deadlines. This document concerns students embarking on their year abroad in 2014/2015.
Defining your project
The first step in the preparation of your third year abroad starts as soon as the beginning of your second year, and even before. You will first have to decide whether you want to study in a university, intern in a private company or a public institution, or build your own project. Several information meetings are organized by the DAIE to help you make your choice, don’t forget to check out the calendar!
Sciences Po has set up several resources to help you select your destination (university websites, university profiles, student reports, information meetings).
Students intending to study abroad in one of Sciences Po's partner universities should follow the steps as indicated below:
► Consult the information on the third year abroad given by Science Po’s College Universitaire website and by the DAIE’s regional centres.
► Attend the information meetings held by the DAIE at the beginning of the Fall semester
► Read the university profiles and the various reports written by students (“rapports de séjour (fr)”) put at your disposal by the DAIE. Consult the partner universities language requirements in English (for undergraduate programmes).
► Read the Study abroad assignment (fr) procedure and look at the number of places on offer in Sciences Po's partner universities.
► Once you have started defining your project, you are encouraged to discuss it with an international advisor
Completing your application online
Applications for your third year abroad will take place through your Sciences Po online interface between Monday 9th (12:00) and Tuesday 17th December (16:00).
All students who will spend their third year abroad in 2014/15 must indicate their chosen project (internship, study abroad or personal project) online. Students intending to study abroad in a university must indicate six carefully considered university choices.
You will be assigned to a partner university based on your academic and/or linguistic performance. your overall project is equally analysed as well as your suitability to the programme and partner university.
Log into your Espace Sciences Po to complete your online application and enter your 6 choices. You will also have to provide the following documents for your application to be considered as complete :
- CV (in French or English)
- Covering letter (in French or English) of maximum 2 pages
- Language test results required by partner universities
- High school results (or its equivalent)
- Evidence of dispensation (students in regional campuses)
Students intending to carry out an internship abroad should contact Sciences Po Avenir
Study abroad assignment procedure
Important: Please read the study abroad assignment procedure (fr).
You must be administratively registered for the duration of your third year and pay tuition fees for this period.
Validation of your third year abroad
You must validate your third year before beginning your Masters programme. Don’t forget to check out the academic requirements for the validation of your third year by Sciences Po.